Operations and General Administration
Authorization: Board of Governors
Approval Date: Sep 1, 1979
Reformatted: Mar 30, 2001
To ensure library materials are accessible to all faculty, staff and students at the University of Saskatchewan.
Loan periods for library materials are to be set to allow maximum accessibility for students, faculty, and staff. Fine structures are to be set to encourage the timely return of library materials for the use of others and are applicable to all users. Where appropriate, electronic resources will be acquired in such a manner as to allow authorized users 24 hour access to them.
Loan periods and fine structures are set in consultation with the Library Committee of University Council.
Procedures related to access to library materials include;
- loan periods to meet the local needs of users of each library on campus.
- fine structures which are assessed when library materials are returned after their due date
- replacement charges implemented for library materials lost or damaged beyond repair
- a cumulative fine threshold that results in suspension of borrowing privileges, but not suspension of access to library materials on site
- a process for the selection and licensing of appropriate electronic resources
There are no other documents associated with this policy.
Contact Person: Director of Libraries