Authorization and Approval
Responsibility: Associate Vice-President, Financial Services
Authorization: Board of Governors
Approval Date: Mar 30, 2001
On occasion, because of off campus University work or research requirements, University interests may be best served by having University equipment located away from campus. It is incumbent upon the University to maintain internal control procedures to safeguard the assets of the University. Safeguarding of assets includes ensuring that the University has authorized off campus use and is aware of the location of its property. The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance regarding property used off campus.
- Equipment used off campus must be used for professional, teaching, or research activities of the University. Any personal use of the equipment must be incidental.
- Proper approval must be obtained prior to property owned by the University being removed from campus.
- The University of Saskatchewan maintains ownership of property used off campus.
- A "Declaration of Property Used Off Campus" form must be completed and properly authorized prior to removing University owned equipment from the campus. Approval indicates that use of the equipment off campus will be for professional, teaching, and research activities of the University.
- The individual who in accordance with this policy has assumed custody of University equipment off campus must ensure that: the equipment is made available for regular maintenance as required, and that the equipment is returned to the University upon request of the University or upon retirement or termination of employment. The individual must also ensure that the Financial Services is notified of any change in location/status of the University property.
If you have questions about this policy please contact:
Contact Person: Controller, Financial Services